View Single Post
Old 01-06-2012, 09:45 AM   #3
ah-
Connoisseur
ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Remember; those instructions you posted were from the Kobo WiFi; NOT the Touch!
I noticed that, but luckily they are still close enough. After a bit of further debugging I got the poker example working (well, without any way to actually interact with it). It seems the plugin interface changed since March, any chance a newer version will get uploaded to github?

In the mean time, here is what I came up with. The old instructions are mostly correct, the only thing really missing was that I had to add --prefix= to the path in QT_EXTRA_ARGS and add -D QT_NO_QWS_CURSOR, in qt.sh.

The sources for the hacked examples are attached. PluginInterface.h was missing an extra argument (pointer to PluginStatus, but unfortunately the definition of that class is missing) and I had to change some minor other bits to get it to compile/run.

If anyone just wants to test it without installing the whole devenv, the compiled versions are in the archive as well. Just copy them to /usr/local/Kobo, open the KoboReader.sqlite database and duplicate some ebooks entry and change the mimetype to "application/x-games-videopoker". Then reboot the kobo, open the library and "read" that book. This should open either a largely blank page with a small "Hello Kobo Touch" or the poker game, depending on which library you copied. Input doesn't work yet, so there's not a lot more to do with it.

Please note that this is highly experimental and might cause your kobo to explode.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	kobo1.jpg
Views:	2691
Size:	57.0 KB
ID:	80845   Click image for larger version

Name:	kobo2.jpg
Views:	2775
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	80846  
Attached Files
File Type: bz2 examples.tar.bz2 (91.3 KB, 740 views)

Last edited by ah-; 01-06-2012 at 10:04 AM.
ah- is offline   Reply With Quote