View Single Post
Old 10-24-2013, 04:51 PM   #26
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
Quote:
Originally Posted by STIPPPOX View Post
I saw Kobo Aura yesterday, too, a friend bought it and we compared it with his PW1 . The contrast is almost the same as in old Kindle and I was a bit disappointed. I'll buy the new PW2 mainly because of the better pdf software than Kobo.
Just found a photo comparing the Aura and the PW, and the PW definitely looks better to me (there are a lot of plus points for the Aura, but I think the PW has the edge in terms of the contrast and sharpness of the text). It's from a very detailed review on an Italian site (in Italian mind you!): http://www.eeevolution.it/recensione-kobo-aura/

There is also a video review (also in Italian, but turn caption on and you get English subtitles). Watching it makes me wish for the Aura body to contain the PW screen and interface, but with the Aura's superior customisation....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamlet53 View Post
I already have and AC USB charger from my Nook Color. Anyone know if I could use that for the Kindle as well?
You'd perhaps be better asking that question on either the Kindle or Nook forum. I know you can interchange some chargers, but am not sure if one designed for a tablet will be suitable for an e-reader. You can just use the supplied USB cable and charge via your computer (although that does take longer).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	recensione-kobo-kindle-paperwhite.jpg
Views:	1140
Size:	119.7 KB
ID:	113940  
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote