View Single Post
Old 09-30-2013, 09:49 PM   #47
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildgift View Post
Ok, home from work Here are a couple pictures of the new Paperwhite in a totally dark room, with the light turned to maximum eye-searing level.

To my eyes, it looks perfect. Just what we had all hoped version one would be. Also, I got a chance to check out the feature that lets you jump around in the book without losing your place. It works wonderfully.

To those who think that this is a merely incremental upgrade, I would suggest that the pictures speak for themselves. And, the speed difference is really apparent. This is a home run, and I was "meh" with the first one, after getting a decent, but not excellent, specimen after a return.

Not sure if the new software features will carry over to old paperwhites, but I say that this is well worth an upgrade to anyone who cares about a great user experience. This is a fantastic upgrade, and I'm sure you guys will agree.
Everything was good until I saw Rick Santorum's name and had a bad flashback of the primaries of 2012!! I need water!!!
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote