View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 12:32 PM   #1593
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
I don't know what to say about your 5 little comments but I enjoyed your spoiler, here's mine:
Spoiler:
I really don't like the malk much as I don't care for anybody who kills for enjoyment, although he is a cool character.

On a final note, It is sure great to see your avatar back here and I hope you had a great holiday season!
Sure did miss your presence!
I missed you too, and everyone else in this thread!

As for your spoiler...

Spoiler:
I agree, in the sense that I don't like that no matter who is doing it, but the Fae do pretty much everything for enjoyment and it's hard to place them on the same spectrum of morality that we use in the real world. I haven't read enough to know anything of Cat Sith's motives, etc, but take Lea, for example. I think she's the perfect example of "complex Fae stuff". Even now we aren't clear on how much (and which) of her actions are truly motivated by obligation, and what she does out of actual emotion. Even though she can't actually lie, we can't trust a word she says, and though her actions sometimes appear benevolent, we can't trust that either. On the flipside, there have been times she did seemingly bad things, only to find that she did it to prevent bigger bad things.

I guess what I'm saying is that yes, Fae do bad things to good people, but I attempt to place them on their own good<--->bad spectrum (which I guess would currently run from Kringle<---->Maeve though that is subject to change at any moment. I've only gotten to the part where Harry gets cleaned up at Molly's apartment.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote