View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 07:29 AM   #15
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
Personally, I'd prefer to use a custom column, but that is because I already use one for my path/filename. That way I can very easily keep the file structure the same across all my devices (filesystem, sony, and android) I'm a bit of a control freak considering the contents of my SD card...

But. If it's more difficult or fault prone, I'd say go for the first option. The ability to use the content server and wireless connection together (without getting more than one copy of a book in your library) is more important.
I like the theory of using the custom column, but it is indeed more fault-prone. There can be both length and character set problems. The first is somewhat difficult to work around because the template never includes the path of the base folder that the books live in. The character set problem can be worked around, but means that the resulting path might not exactly match the template. There are also issues with accidental slash characters in the path, such as in the (made up) title "The Excitement/Joy of Being Bob". I am still thinking about this option. I like the idea of user-defined constant paths, but I am not happy with the weird errors that can pop up.

The next release of CC (and calibre) will have the first option.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote