Thread: Troubleshooting PW embedded fonts?
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2012, 12:57 PM   #7
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
@Padde enclosing it in quotation marks doesn't make a difference. This looks like a Sigl FlightCrew bug, because ePubcheck online doesn't report any issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by morrow View Post
Actually, the font is not installed on my computer, I only downloaded to test on this epub.
It looks like you found a Sigil bug. I just did a quick test and I got the same error message. However, the official ePubcheck validator didn't find any problems, and the .ePub file displayed fine in ADE.

Since the error message was no longer displayed, when I moved the CSS code from the <style> section to a separate .css file and linked it to the .html file this is most likely a Sigil/FlightCrew bug.

Also when I compiled my test file with KindleGen the embedded font was displayed in KP and it also displayed fine on my K3.

If the embedded font didn't show up on your PW, it might be because:
- you used the Kindle Cloud, which doesn't support KF8 yet, instead of USB to transfer the file
- you converted the .ePub file with Calibre to a .mobi file instead of an .azw3 file
- the Publisher Font option is disabled on your PW

Last edited by Doitsu; 11-12-2012 at 02:42 AM.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote