View Single Post
Old 05-17-2013, 09:28 AM   #427
edwdecarlo
Enthusiast
edwdecarlo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX,Nexus 10,Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by sts View Post
Is there any chance to add this functionality to the procedure "remove embedded fonts"?
Steffen, this may be an alternate solution:

Calibre has built in functionality to either imbed a font and/or remove the CSS font definitions. This can be done through the Convert Books functionality. I do this for my Mobi files with success, so it should work for ePub files as well.

Use the Convert Books screen, and and set the Output format to ePub (you can convert ePub to ePub). Select Look & Feel. Click the Filter Style Information tab (in the middle of the page). Check the Font box. Then click OK to run the conversion. This should generate a new ePub file with CSS font defs removed, so it will pick up the default font on your device. Note: It will also make any other changes specified for the conversion, so you will want to back up your book file prior to testing out. See screen shot below.

Important: I remember there being an option on calibre that, when performing a conversion to an existing format, a backup/rename of the original file would be performed. I can't find this option anymore, but it appears that calibre does the backup in this case. Does anyone know if the option was removed and this is now the standard behavior?

If this works for you, you can set up the defaults for this screen via Preferences -> Change calibre behavior -> Conversion: Common Options

Hope this is helpful.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	convert.jpg
Views:	261
Size:	171.7 KB
ID:	105965  
edwdecarlo is offline   Reply With Quote