Thread: Seriousness Tragic news about Patricia
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2011, 07:28 PM   #233
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestidigitweeze View Post
Every time I return to the Mobile Read library, I find myself drawn to Patricia's contributions. Each time, I'm touched by her patience and impressed by her good taste.

When I actually download and read the books she recreated, designed, transposed and even edited so lovingly, I'm grateful all over again for her work. She has (in a way) bequeathed to us the most carefully made ebook editions I've ever seen. They are better proofed than most of the books released by major publishers, and -- here's the important thing -- it is a pleasure to feel I'm getting to know two people at a time every time I open one: the author and Patricia herself.

If only I'd been able to get to know her personally while she was doing all this! I vow to spend part of Sunday reading her posts. I need to hear the voice of the discerning and humble person who gave us these treasures.
That's a lovely post, and heartwarming to know that Patricia still impresses herself on people so. As you see more of her posts I think you'll find her exactly as you describe.

Thank-you.

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote