View Single Post
Old 06-04-2013, 03:49 PM   #27
PDADoc
PDADoc began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S III; Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
I'm trying out the Kindle app on my Android devices and have one quick question. I've been reading my ebooks using Moon Reader+ Pro in epub format. As an experiment, I converted my entire library to the requisite .mobi format that Kindle seems to use, and I'm all ready to copy them over; just one thing:

I have all my books tagged by category via Calibre (Shakespeare, History, etc.) in different folders; will the Kindle app recognize this structure, or will I have to dump the files all into one directory? I'm really hoping it's the former, as it's just too unwieldy having hundreds of files of different genres in one single directory.

EDIT: Nevermind, I answered my own question by trying it. The answer is no. Whatsmore, while placing the files in that Kindle directory allowed them to be recognized and consequently read, there was no option for sorting the books by tag or subject. Very disappointing, as the actual book reading interface was very good and offered nice options.

Guess I'll stick with Moon Reader for now, or at least until Amazon updates that app a bit more.

Last edited by PDADoc; 06-04-2013 at 05:33 PM. Reason: Added additional information
PDADoc is offline   Reply With Quote