View Single Post
Old 05-25-2013, 02:08 PM   #36
robertc88
Fanatic
robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmueller View Post
The cheapest one I've seen is Asus VivoTab (Smart) for ca. € 400 (outside of Europe this should be about the same in $). It's 10.1" though. Well designed, but atrocious update process via proprietary Asus app (you can uninstall it of course and do the updates manually).

Or you can go for the "older" Windows tablets, such as HP Slate 2. Mainly Windows 7 units, usually ca. 9" and in the range of € 400 to € 600. Surprisingly enough, those didn't drop drastically in their prices yet...
Sometimes I wish I didn't surf as much as I do.

http://www.amazon.com/Dell-XPS10-272...pr_product_top

Tempting but I think the form factor would bother me very quickly. I have an Acer A500 and way too clunky for me to haul around.
robertc88 is offline   Reply With Quote