View Single Post
Old 04-04-2013, 10:08 PM   #614
SampleAndy
Addict
SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KFire HD, KFire, KTD 3g, KT, K4B, K4S, K3g, K3g SO, K2, K1
From here...

Originally Posted by SampleAndy
Quote:
I have a similar situation on my Kindle Fire HD. I downloaded four books from Baen Books, imported them into Calibre, and pushed them out to the Kindle. On my PW, two show up with a "Personal" banner on the cover, on the HD they show up in the Docs library instead of the Books library. The other two show up normally.

I saw something in the Fire forum about a tag that was PDOC instead of EBOK, or something like that. Where would I find this tag in Calibre?

OK, I found it (I think) under Conversion/Mobi Output, but... That's only the settings that will be performed when you DO a conversion, right? Is there someplace that shows you what the setting in the book currently is? Can it be changed without performing a conversion, since I don't really want to convert the book?

As always, thanks for your help.
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Use the Quality Check Plugin. (Kiwidude has that covered )
OK, I'm really confused now. I ran Check Mobi/Check missing ASIN Identifier, and it told me that four of my twelve books had missing identifiers... but all twelve of them had valid ISBN numbers filled in. Then I ran Fix/Fix ASIN for Kindle Fire, the program "fixed" those four books and when I pushed them to the Fire, they were Books, not Docs. Something tells me we're talking about two different things when we talk about ASIN identifiers...

ETA By the way... the ID field still has the same ISBN values in it...

Last edited by SampleAndy; 04-04-2013 at 10:14 PM. Reason: added btw...
SampleAndy is offline   Reply With Quote