View Single Post
Old 05-23-2009, 11:30 AM   #14
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
cnet did a comparison of the "top 10" netbooks, their number one choice is the Asus Eee PC 1000HE. any thoughts on this model ?

i'm also wondering whether i should consider an "ultra portable" instead of a netbook... weight is important (the lighter the better or i really won't feel like dragging the thing around with me) but since i'll mostly use it for client meetings i have to have a decently-sized screen for showing maquettes and i need a keyboard i can actually type on as well. on the other hand, i don't necessarily need it to be a fully-functional work station (unless i think of it as a backup post just in case my main pc dies in the middle of a project, which is generally when that happens), and i don't want to spend too much money on it.
The Asus Eee PC 1000 HE is the one I have. I LOVE IT!! I stuck an additional stick of RAM in it, so it's got 2 gigs (really easy to do .... took about 15 seconds). I have rather large hands, so the keyboard is a little tight for me, but I can still pop out a document on the run if I need to.

I don't like it for reading, but then eink has sort of spoiled me, and I don't like looking at a lit screen for too long.

I also picked up a 500 GB Free Agent drive, so I have effectively 660GB of HD space. The combination is just plain great.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote