View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 09:23 AM   #303
avantman42
Wizard
avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoldlyDubious View Post
Because when I buy a hammer I don't sign a paper where I say that I will be responsible if someone I give my hammer to will do something illegal with it.
I am starting from the hypothesis that my proposal is accepted. In that case, to buy media you have to explicitly accept responsibility if one of the files you buy gets illegally uploaded, except in the cases I described.
I see the difference, but I'm far from convinced that what is gained is worth what is sacrificed. I think we'll just have to agree to disagree.
avantman42 is offline   Reply With Quote