View Single Post
Old 01-11-2011, 05:58 AM   #7
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grensgeval View Post
@jlmwrite - yes, it was immediately registered with Amazon, I connected it to my WiFi out of the box.

@desertblues - unless this 3.0.3 still announces itself as 3.0.2 because it is in beta, it has not been installed. The Settings screen says: Version: Kindle 3.0.2 (55321xxxx) (9 numbers, which Google tells me are unique so I'm not posting them publicly).

Trying and trying again, each time with the same result of an erased .bin file and no updated Kindle is pretty frustrating.
Why don't you phone Amazon? It's not that expensive, I found, when I called from overseas. But you can also email to ask wether they can phone you, even if you're not on their ' to phone' list. Only thing I found out that sometimes you have to call them twice, as the quality of their help differs (though always friendly).
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote