View Single Post
Old 09-13-2010, 07:27 PM   #5
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - Keyboard, Fire, 2-US, iPhone, iPAD
I honestly can't see a library ever being liable for what a patron does with their library book. I've never heard of any sort of actual case that would indicate this is a risk. As far as I know not even the RIAA has attempted to sue libraries for kids copying music CDs they've checked out, but don't give them any ideas because I think that if they get whiff of a possibility they might try it the money grubbing jerks.

As for the privilege of "free" library books being revoked, please remember that library books are not free. I suspect that as long as customers demand eBooks libraries will attempt to fill that demand. I personally pay a little over $200 a year for my library use and every book that my library purchases on Overdrive is paid for ... with money ... usually at a price that is far higher than what Amazon charges for the same book.

I try to return my Overdrive books as soon as possible although I admit that I only found out a couple of months ago that you could return an Overdrive book early. I'm not great at reading directions I guess. I also set my check-out period to default to 7 days instead of 21 days because like you I've noticed those wait lists building like crazy.
abookreader is offline   Reply With Quote