View Single Post
Old 08-28-2009, 12:58 AM   #6
emellaich
Wizard
emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm>Ebookman>IPaq>Axim>Cybook>Kndl2>IPAD>Kndl3SO>Voyager>Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonist View Post
They are doing a great job of promising stuff. But, September is here, and there are no real products announced.

Next we'll be hearing, that they are raising money for cheap interstellar flights, based on ingeniously tweaked existing technology, with availability within a year or so.... Bleh. Where's the beef?
well, as I understand it on those long interstellar flights space is at a premium. We need plants (hydroponics, you know) for Oxygen as well as food. However, I'm afraid beef is too expensive (ecologically). Only vegetarians need apply.

So, the first demo screens roll off the fab line at the end of May. We need manufacturers to look at the screens and decide to build products around them. We need to design said products. We need a bit of a decision making process: right design? market big enough? how much should we invest in inventory? where should we make them? And then we have some negotiations with all interested parties in there somewhere. Finally, we manufacture the things. BTW, who wants to go first with a new tech?

Anyway, May 28 to August 28 is three months. Not really much time at all. I'd be surprised to see products before the fourth quarter. More realistically look towards next year for most of the products, with maybe a first generation offer or two this year.
emellaich is offline   Reply With Quote