View Single Post
Old 12-12-2008, 09:33 PM   #27
sianon
Addict
sianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony 500, Bebook, Kindle, Eco reader Drs and soon the Archos 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by i, Podius View Post
I

So I went to Dymocks in the city this morning and took a look at the CyBook in person, and I must admit, I'm impressed. I didn't find it to be cheap or flimsy as some reviewers have suggested, and was also surprised (despite all the photos I've seen) at just how small it is. I was also impressed at how light it is.
What city are you in i,podius. I wouldn't mind being able to go and pick up a cover for my Cybook.

As for the BeBook not being able to read a range of formats, this is simply misinformation. With the latest firmware release, mobipocket is now extremely usable although I have no idea about dictionary support with it as it is not a feature I use or am likely to. RTF on the BeBook is a very well supported format. Others can be a bit it and miss, however I fully expect that these will become much better supported with time.

While there has been a lot of negativity about the December 5 firmware release, on the machines it did work on, the upgrade was very very good.

I have both the Cybook and the Bebook and once my Bebook returns from being repaired (it stopped reading SD cards) I will be giving the CyBook to my daughter and returning to use of the Bebook as I prefer the ergonomics of the Bebook as well as the fact that I can read my library of RTF format books.

Karen
sianon is offline   Reply With Quote