View Single Post
Old 12-21-2013, 07:10 PM   #1
lonewood
lonewood began at the beginning.

Device: none
reading app - need recommendation

Hello all,

I am looking for a recommendation for a good epub reading app.

I currently have an ipad so do most of my ebook reading using ibooks. Have bought windows surface for oldest son and looking for good app for his use (so restricted to windows store options) and have android phones. Download a lot of books from smashwords (and some from gutenberg).

Basically am looking for reasonably full-featured app to handle epub format but this is the problem - I would really love some kind of support for tags or multiple bookshelves. ie. if I put a book in one bookshelf or collection, I would like to be able to also put it in another. OR tag it with multiple descriptive tags that can be searched.

I have looked and looked but cannot find any with this feature which I think would be really useful. So if you feel like looking through your library for detective stories, you might find Dirk Gently (for example) if tagged as such, but you would also find it in the humour tag, or fantasy tag, etc.

It doesnt make sense to me that books can only be put into one category but this is how most of the epub readers I have tried operate. I want to put them in multiple categories.

I like the look of Freda or Liberty on Windows store. iBooks is working ok for me on the ipad.

Other wish list items but not as necessary as the tag cloud feature (or multiple bookshelf) include ability to do star ratings and write a short note that is visible without opening the book (eg. so I could see if book is first in series or note to myself to look out for more from that author for eg).

Is there anything out there like this? If not, can some of the app authors consider including it in a future update.

cheers
Leah
lonewood is offline   Reply With Quote