View Single Post
Old 05-30-2013, 11:49 AM   #569
sgoldin
SF/Fantasy Author
sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Adobe Digital Editions
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marrella View Post
I am also listening to another classic, Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson, another one I have never read before. I am enjoying it so far.
I loved Treasure Island as a kid, and I picked it up as an adult thinking, "Well, this'll be quaint." Instead, I found it every bit as exciting and gripping as I remembered. Enjoy, Marrella!

I just finished Kim Stanley Robinson's 2312 (which just won the Nebula Award for Best Novel). Much of it is absolutely brilliant, a tour through a very inventive Solar System society 300 years from now. But be warned, it is S-L-O-W. I had to push myself through it because the genius parts were so good, but it takes incredible patience. I understand that the print version runs something like 580 pages. If I had been the editor, I'd have sent it back to him and told him to cut about 150 to 200 pages and resubmit. It desperately needs editing.

But it's brilliant nonetheless, if you have patience with it.
sgoldin is offline   Reply With Quote