View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 07:09 AM   #22336
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
(thank you for the good wishes )

Back again in Aswan.This night it was quiet after the demonstrations; I did go to the reception and ask security what it was......politics? And stayed alert till it had calmed down.

Abu Simbel was stunningly beautiful. That they manage to relocate these two temples is a small miracle. On our way back we saw trucks with lots of camels in it: camelheads bobbing above the railing........very funny.

Almost on the end of my journey. I have seen things more impressive and beautiful than I could have imagined or could have seen on any film or book. But.....it is not for the fainthearted: the tourism has gone down to 20 to 30 % and the vendors everywhere are extremely pushy to sell their wares.

Tonight I'll go on the night train to Caïro. Tomorrow a day's sightseeing in the Islamic part of the town ( that is: our hotel is not far from the Tahrir square, but it should be fine.). Tomorrow night a plane from Caïro to Amsterdam.

In a few weeks I'll post my blog and see if I can find a nice photo for the forum. I made the members of the group take my photo with all mayor sights....Cheops, tombs etc.

Last edited by desertblues; 11-30-2012 at 04:19 PM. Reason: Wrong town......not Assam but Aswan, excuse
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote