View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 05:53 AM   #501
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Pixel 2, Samsung Chromebook Plus
I'm a staunch defender of Android, but I'll go along with jjallenupthehill that the packaging of the Galaxy S takes its cues rather too closely from the iPhone 3G, particularly with the charger and the redesign of icons in Touchwiz.

However, the full versions of texts which were redacted for the jury (see Groklaw) do show that the Samsung designers were urged to find ways to differentiate their product, with the larger screen being a key aspect.

I agree that Samsung should be penalised for the fact that the original Galaxy S ended up rather too close to the iPhone 3G, but I would hope that jjallenupthehill would agree that beyond that Apple's litigation has gone too far, and that later Samsung products in the Galaxy range have carved our their own identities.

Graham