Thread: Troubleshooting Kindle screen has gone weird
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2012, 12:19 PM   #1
Mike L
Wizard
Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy
Kindle screen has gone weird

I've got a problelm with my Kindle.

I went to switch it on as usual. It displayed most of the page I was last reading - except for a small area (about 2 square cm) in the top right corner of the screen. This is still showing a fragment of the screen saver that was visible before I switched it on.

Whatever page or menu I now go to, I always see that same bit of Agatha Christie's head in the top-right corner. It's as if the pixels in that area have forgotten how to refresh themselves.

I have tried a full reboot, and also a factory reset, but it makes not difference.

I wonder if anyone else has seen this, or can throw any light on it.

This is a Kindle 2, and is about three years old, so obviously I can't get it fixed under warranty.

Thanks in advance.

Mike
Mike L is offline   Reply With Quote