View Single Post
Old 08-20-2010, 11:39 AM   #1
Laurawrites
Researcher and Writer
Laurawrites once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Laurawrites once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Laurawrites once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Laurawrites once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Laurawrites once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Laurawrites once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Laurawrites once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Laurawrites once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Laurawrites once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Laurawrites once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Laurawrites once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle
Calibre Question

I downloaded Calibre after reading so many positive reviews on the internet for the software. I have been reading through the documentation and had a question. I can't find any information on it anywhere else.

I run a not-for-profit ebook site (AppalachianGothic.com). I offer various books in both fiction and nonfiction for free, but have always been limited to the .pdf format. I am searching for a program that will let me offer a variety of formats for my readers who may be using reading devices and not just an Acrobat reader.

Is it possible to upload the converted files to my server for my readers? I came across the section that mentioned Calibre creates your own library and manages it for you, is it possible to either zip the related files and FTP them to the server or just upload them regularly? I hoped to offer EPUB format as well as PDF, and perhaps other formats if possible.

Thank you very much.
Laurawrites is offline   Reply With Quote