View Single Post
Old 03-19-2014, 12:51 PM   #5
gabby98
Wizard
gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android, Nook Simple Touch, Nook Color, ..., Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S View Post
On my Nexus 7B Google Play Books seem to all be stored deep down in the /data directory in a directory that has the same name as my Google email login name that I used when I purchased the books. Books that you have access to but have not actually downloaded will just have their covers stored in that area. FWIW the book itself is not stored as an EPUB but as an assortment of separate files that do not seem to resemble the contents of a normal EPUB archive. IOW it is probably not worth your time trying to dig a book out Google Play Books local storage. Probably someone else knows a lot more than I do, but that is what I discovered after doing a bit of searching after seeing your question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham View Post
If you're trying to read the book in another application, it would probably be simpler to go to Google Play on the web and download the ePub from there.

Graham
but that was the problem...the GP site claims this book can be downloaded via the web, but when I do, i get 404 errors (for this and a few others). They are working on it slowly, but thought if I downloaded it to the device i may be able to access it quicker than waiting for them to resolve the issue

Thanks again all for your responses.
gabby98 is offline   Reply With Quote