View Single Post
Old 10-26-2013, 11:41 PM   #41
sumguy
Connoisseur
sumguy can extract oil from cheesesumguy can extract oil from cheesesumguy can extract oil from cheesesumguy can extract oil from cheesesumguy can extract oil from cheesesumguy can extract oil from cheesesumguy can extract oil from cheesesumguy can extract oil from cheesesumguy can extract oil from cheese

Device: none
So, a year and a half after starting this thread... iBooks for Mac! I finally have a solution for what Kindle, Sony, Google Play, Kobo, Nook, and every other product on the market failed to do: sync bookmarks, highlights, and reading position between my laptop and reader devices, for 3rd-party non-DRM ebooks.

After installing the new (and free!) OS X Mavericks, I can now sync with my iPhone - you don't even need iOS 7, it works with my 3GS that's left behind on iOS 6. I've only played with it for a few minutes, but so far it looks like it will be worth the wait! Thanks Apple. I'll be selling my Kindle and putting the money towards a new iPad mini with retina. I'll miss the e-ink screen - but not that much... the ability to actually read my book when I get on the subway, instead of flipping around for ten minutes trying to figure out where I left off, more than makes up for it.
sumguy is offline   Reply With Quote