View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 07:44 PM   #2
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
All I can really say is that I chose WordPress. It gave me the mix of ease-of-use and adaptability that I was looking for.

Before I made a choice I spent a few weeks paying special attention to the various websites that I visited and noting what they used (product and theme). This gave me some idea of what each product was capable of. I then installed WordPress internally here and played with it for a few weeks before deciding on what theme I wanted to use. Then I spent another few weeks playing with that theme until I got the "look" I wanted. And then I went live.

It doesn't need to be as long a process as what I make it sound like above, most of the products can be up and running very quickly if you're happy to go with what you're given as defaults, but I was in a high procrastination phase (I'm rare out of it ), and spent a lot of time trying to achieve something particular. Also the theme I chose (Atahualpa) was one specifically created for its adaptability, so it took longer to setup than most themes.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote