View Single Post
Old 03-02-2011, 11:33 AM   #1
Zarich
Zealot
Zarich can extract oil from cheeseZarich can extract oil from cheeseZarich can extract oil from cheeseZarich can extract oil from cheeseZarich can extract oil from cheeseZarich can extract oil from cheeseZarich can extract oil from cheeseZarich can extract oil from cheeseZarich can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 3 Wi-Fi
Touch screen vs keyboard e-ink only

This isn't as much about the Nook vs kindle even though these are the methods. Sony also has one of these so it is included, but I don't want to get into a which device is better. Instead a which control scheme is better. E-ink devices only.

Personally having played with all 3 I find the keyboard to be superior. It is insanely fast with little to no lag. Where the keyboard fails is web surfing. However since all e-ink devices suck at web surfing I consider it a non issue.
The tiny color lcd control idea works okay, but it is clunky and slow in comparison. The full screen touch is nice, but I have found it more frustrating as at times it is unresponsive or misreads your intent and I find myself back spacing to get the correct area I originally wanted.

The keyboard is the least appealing aesthetically, but for me makes the most sense for fast accurate control on these types of devices.

Your opinions?
Zarich is offline   Reply With Quote