View Single Post
Old 07-24-2013, 12:50 AM   #58
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by robinson View Post
Do you think it's the "market" or the "marketing" that has put the focus on being lighter and lighter each time?

I think a substantial portion of the market would trade some weight for much longer battery life, at least in the iPhone realm.
For smartphones, yeah, I'd gladly trade thinness and weight for longer battery life. All the new smartphones are practically weightless anyhow. The tablets, though, I think could still benefit from some weight loss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinson View Post
OTOH, a low-power CPU can make all the difference--i.e., the new Haswell MacBook Airs! Same weight, but incredible 12-14 hour battery life--even better than the iPad's!
I've been waiting for x86 (okay, just Intel, really, didn't really hold high hopes for AMD) to catch up to ARM in terms of power consumption. Glad to see it finally happening. I've wanted an x86 tablet since before the iPad came out but battery life has always been a deterrent. Looks like I might finally be getting my wish.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote