View Single Post
Old 10-09-2010, 07:01 PM   #1
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 3, Sony 350 and 650
Your top non-fiction of the past year

A couple of years is fine, and I'd say 5 - 10 entries. I didn't want to clog up (hijack!) the other non-fiction thread.

Some of mine:

Nothing to Envy: Ordinary Lives in North Korea -- stories of six escapees' experiences as told to the author in interviews, great narrative format.

Bayshore Summer: Finding Eden in a Most Unlikely Place -- I'm not particularly interested in science and nature and was hooked!

Love in a Time of Homeschooling: A Mother and Daughter's Uncommon Year -- honest portrayal of one woman's experience.

Inside the Victorian Home: A Portrait of Domestic Life in Victorian England -- excellent reference, focusing on the burden of women.

The Fortune Cookie Chronicles: Adventures in the World of Chinese Food -- well-written combination of both the food, and Chinese immigrant experience.

Good Book: The Bizarre, Hilarious, Disturbing, Marvelous, and Inspiring Things I Learned When I Read Every Single Word of the Bible -- interesting, often funny, look at the entire Old Testament.
SeaBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote