View Single Post
Old 10-08-2010, 09:49 PM   #11
TalkingBook
TalkingBook began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurstbrot View Post
I live in Germany and own a Kindle2 since a year - delivered and registered to a German Amazon account. In the first time free web surfing was not possible. Some weeks (or even months) ago I read somewhere in this forum that this had changed. I tried it - and yes, I could freely browse the web without restrictions since then. Recently I' ve been in Switzerland and Italy with my K2. Browsing was possible in Switzerland, too, but not in Italy ("Due to local restrictions blabla ...").

Last week I got my new K3 - registered to the same German account as my K2. As with my K2 browsing is no problem with the K3 as well.
Very interesting, that would seem to confirm that the only determining factor is which network the Kindle is connecting to – unless there's some other factor I'm not considering.

Just a thought – I doubt it will work, as I'd be highly surprised if I were the first to think of it – but if the only thing keeping some people from having full browser capabilities is the network they are connecting to, could a fix be as simple as trying to manually connect to another network via the 311 command? I'm sure I'm missing something, as it sounds far too easy.

I'd try it myself if I had the problem, but there's no way I'm tempting fate by messing around with it while it's working correctly.
TalkingBook is offline   Reply With Quote