View Single Post
Old 10-29-2013, 07:52 AM   #56
Ninjalawyer
Guru
Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nexus 7 (2013)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
In a bit of a reversal, I didn't really enjoy the book that much, but I am looking forward to seeing the movie. I like space action movies, and I usually like Harrison Ford movies, and I'm hoping the adaptations and compression of cinematic storytelling make me appreciate the story more.

It happened with Lord of the Rings. I have never been able to get through the books, but I enjoyed all of Peter Jackson's movies.
I read Ender's Game when I was in junior high and disliked it immensely. Picking it up now and flipping through it, my opinion is even harsher since it's clearly meant for a younger audience (even leaving aside the aliens called 'buggers' and the fart jokes).

That said, I wouldn't mind seeing the movie but I find Card to be loathsome generally (his stance on gay marriage is just the tip of an iceberg made of crazy), and not someone I feel amazing about supporting. I might wait until he's dead to see it, and just hope that the beneficiaries of his estate aren't also crazy-wackadoos.
Ninjalawyer is offline   Reply With Quote