Thread: Touch 1.2 Update?
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2012, 03:21 PM   #62
eGeezer
NE1 seen my glasses?
eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Nook Glowlight (following previous nook STR and STR w/GL)
Thanks for the 1.2 ADE roadblock fix, Ifeuln

Thank you very much for mentioning this, Ifeulin.

I will add, for anyone having an purchased ADE book access problem, it is the same problem.

Have been waiting for "Cloud Atlas" from my library (was initially #300 on the list, lol), and was really scratching my head why I couldn't open it. A test showed it also applied to my purchased ADE books, as well.

Hadn't realized there was now an ADE 2.0, so upgraded from 1.7. (I did notice ADE no longer shows EVERY book -- DRM'ed or not -- on the nook.

I had unauthorized and reauthorized the nook in ADE. Re-downloaded the book a couple times. Power-cycled the nook multiple times during all this, and finally noticed this thread about nook 1.2 update. Checked Device Info to see that B&N had done a stealth update during one of those rare instances I left wifi on for longer than a book download, so started reading this thread, just in case, and here you are with the answer. (which does the trick, I might confirm).

Thanks again for dropping that bit of miscellaneous info here. Been messing around with this for over an hour, and 3 min work after reading this solves the problem.

Only remaining question is why initially searching the nook thread for "user not activated" didn't bring me here an hour ago.

Thanks again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfeuln View Post
I kept getting a "User not activated" error post 1.2 update with borrowed Adobe DRM books, and per the B&N Community forums was not alone.

If affected you need to delete a folder called Digital Editions *and* a file called ".adobe-digital-editions" from the Nook before re-authorizing with Adobe Digital Editions 2.0. If you're on a Mac the .com file will be hidden! So find a PC or use the terminal to view hidden files.

Just FYI and hope this can help someone.

Last edited by eGeezer; 12-23-2012 at 03:28 PM.
eGeezer is offline   Reply With Quote