View Single Post
Old 01-17-2012, 04:54 PM   #4
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilaryfrompa View Post
I do not understand the PE. Since I've bought two (returned one) after Entourage went out of business, the closest thing to a manual I have is the PDF and this forum.

Basically, I do not understand how the PE works. I have downloaded Adobe Reader for its read-aloud capabilities. The program shows up in the downloads and appears on the App screen. When I launch the App, all that happens is that I'm returned to the main App screen.
I can't help with that as I don't use it - sorry.

Quote:
I have also downloaded Coolreader. I see, by researching other posts on Coolreader, that others besides me have trouble with this App. It downloaded to my SD card; I unzipped it; and there it sits.
For a start what are you doing with a zip file? You only need to get the apk file for android use.
Use es file explorer to find and install it. I've never had any trouble with it on my EE - in fact it is the only reader app that I use on the tablet side.

Quote:
1) Do PEs have a hard drive, as a hard drive is commonly understood? If they do, why do some downloads end up on the PE...whatever, and some downloads go straight to the SD card?

2) With browsers like Firefox or I.E., you can choose the destination folder for a download, and then proceed to open an .exe file, which then installs the program? But how do you do the same thing on a PE?
No, the PE and EE do not have a hard drive in the sense you are thinking - they have flash memory instead.

The best way to download any apps is by using your PC and then transfering them either by WiFi, usb stick or SD card. Doing it this way you also have a backup of you apps on your PC.

Quote:
I have to admit that the PE has sat for the past week basically untouched and just admired. I don't want it to be a brick, so if anyone can just give links to advanced tutorials, or even make an advanced tutorial, man, would I appreciate it.

Thank you, all.
I have answered some of your questions but you would be much better informed if you took the time to browse through this forum.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote