View Single Post
Old 08-18-2013, 06:46 AM   #12
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarekGibek View Post
Perofrmance is really good. Desktop starts in 5 seconds. Everything else depends on app. Small apps (puzzle games, calculator, terminal) start instantly. FBReader 3s, Chess 3s. It takes longer for huge applications - Firefox 30s. Just try to not use virtual memory - free memory is on the status bar.

What is slow is the screen refresh of course (hardware limitation). To reduce screen flicker I never do full screen refreshes. You will see ghosts on the screen But it's not that bad - I got used to it. I wish we had one more button to attach full screen refresh to it. Hm... maybe on longer home button press (short press toggles fullscreen mode now).

Just don't watch movies on it ;-)
Thank you for the extensive explanation and thank you especially for sharing the image.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote