View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 04:08 AM   #54
9littlebees
Connoisseur
9littlebees is just really nice9littlebees is just really nice9littlebees is just really nice9littlebees is just really nice9littlebees is just really nice9littlebees is just really nice9littlebees is just really nice9littlebees is just really nice9littlebees is just really nice9littlebees is just really nice9littlebees is just really nice

Device: Sony Xperia Arc; Kobo Glo
Shardancalibre, sorry for the long delay in replying - I've been on holiday in Germany with very limited internet access (in-laws out in the countryside!). Thanks davidfor, PeterT & robko for the responses.

I'm planning on finishing my review over the course of this and next week and have looked at your questions to ensure that I will be addressing them.

Some of them are already there (battery life, bookmarks, highlighting & annotations), but I've also added points on searching within epubs and kepubs and also how the Glo handles large books. You mention >1000 pages, but that is a bit ambiguous since the page count depends on font size. Still, I will endeavour to find some large open-source book to test (War & Peace and Anna Karenina immediately spring to mind).

As for the off to standby mode issue, I have to say that I don't have this issue. I last briefly switched on my Glo last Friday (28-Dec-12) before switching properly off. I've now looked at it again (without having taken it out of its case in 6 days) and it clearly states at the top: "POWERED OFF". Furthermore, switching it back on takes the usual 30 seconds or so and there is no noticeable battery drain (it's currently reading 99%) which suggests this may be a fault with your unit (or maybe your firmware?).

For the record, I'm on firmware 2.14 r43703 from 1-Oct-12 (launch day!) still.

Last edited by 9littlebees; 01-03-2013 at 09:41 AM.
9littlebees is offline   Reply With Quote