View Single Post
Old 06-30-2011, 08:15 PM   #154
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by tennoel View Post
Why are so many people assuming that a "toy" is a bad thing? Let's be realistic. If most of us did not have an ereader our lives would continue. While I enjoy mine, it is NOT crucial to my life. To a certain extent ALLLLL ereaders are toys. Primarily the market is those with disposable income who enjoy using the item in their down time. Although the text book market is growing, that's not the lion's share of the market right now.

Sheesh. I want some of you to go and have a cup of perspective tea.
To a number of people an eReader IS a crucial part of their life... people with physical and eye problems whose primary relaxation is reading for example... you may regard eReaders as toys but try reading a 1000 page hardcover when you have arthritis, a frozen shoulder or a broken arm and the eReader quickly becomes essential...
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote