View Single Post
Old 12-09-2009, 12:11 PM   #15
All4Fun
Zealot
All4Fun has learned how to read e-booksAll4Fun has learned how to read e-booksAll4Fun has learned how to read e-booksAll4Fun has learned how to read e-booksAll4Fun has learned how to read e-booksAll4Fun has learned how to read e-booksAll4Fun has learned how to read e-booksAll4Fun has learned how to read e-books

Device: iPad, Blackberry Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post
There is no question that for Bible reading the Franklin BIB 475 beats all the eReaders and costs less than $ 83 at Amazon. Verses can be found in seconds and themes and words can all be looked up in the included Holman Bible Reference.

I wouldn't live without it.

For other books I use my Sony PRS 505 and for PC reading I use Kindle for PC, Sony eBook Library, BN eReader and Microsoft Reader.

However, once Franklin comes out with the next generation for the BIB 475, I'll buy that as well.
I'm struggling with the idea of buying yet another electronic device dedicated for bible use when I have a dedicated ebook Reader (PRS-505) that was supposed to serve as a reasonable replacement for pbooks and consolidate them into one electronic device where possible.

If my PRS-505 can't serve its intended purpose, I struggle with the idea of paying +$80 for a dedicated electronic bible. Wouldn't it just make sense to carry my pbook bible then which, if you don't already have one, you can get at very little cost?

Considering some of the good work that some have done on this forum to create an accessible KJV version of the bible for the PRS-505 for FREE, I don't think my expectations are unreasonably high to expect the same level of quality for a similarly accessible version of the NIV bible that I'm willing to pay for that's being sold commercially.
All4Fun is offline   Reply With Quote