View Single Post
Old 04-18-2013, 12:48 PM   #9
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by -axel- View Post
In the end the question is what is to be / can be done with the notes and highlights. What I am currently looking for is a way to quickly and easily edit a book based on my notes&highlights. Considering that calibre isn't much of an ebook editor, I guess that anyway isn't something your plugin offers, or does it?
I've come at this from a number of different angles, and the approach I'm currently using is to do proofreading on an iPad using Marvin. It supports multiple highlight colors, so you can color-code your markup.

I use Sigil to do the (ePub) editing. It has full-text search, so it's pretty quick to pull up the annotations (either in Calibre or on the iPad), then find the corresponding point in Sigil and correct it.

I tried doing this using the Kindle PW, but it was ultimately an exercise in frustration. The interface is just too slow for making annotations.

G