View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 11:49 AM   #27
fantasyfan
Wizard
fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, 4G, iPad Air 2, iPhone IE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookpossum View Post
On a different tack, rereading "Persuasion" reminded me of a poem by Rudyard Kipling to be found in "Debits and Credits". It's called "Jane's Marriage" and is as follows:

I don't think Kipling was a good poet (though a great writer of short stories), but I find his affection for Jane Austen very charming.
That does have more charm than I usually associate with Kipling. Thanks for sharing it!
fantasyfan is offline   Reply With Quote