View Single Post
Old 07-29-2009, 11:13 AM   #28
BlackVoid
Evangelist
BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
I just found out that a few books of my all-time favorite author are available in English. The author is Jeno Rejto, a Hungarian, who wrote his books in the 30s and 40s. The books are now in the public domain.
His books are very funny and the stories just flow. Very easy to read, lots of humor - but it is not by any means shallow.
He is still immensely popular in Hungary, his books never go out of print.

Here is the wikipedia entry:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jen%C5%91_Rejt%C5%91

At the bottom, there are 3 links which point to the books.

I particularly recommend The 14-Carat Roadster.

Here is how it starts:
"Ivan Gorchev, sailor on the freight ship ‘Rangoon’, was not yet twenty-one when he won the Nobel Prize in physics. To win a scientific award at such a romantically young age is unprecedented, though some people might consider the means by which it was achieved a flaw. For Ivan Gorchev won the Nobel Prize in physics in a card game, called macao, from a Professor Bertinus, on whom the honour had been bestowed in Stockholm by the King of Sweden a few days earlier. But those who are always finding fault don’t like to face facts, and the fact of the matter is that Ivan Gorchev did win the Nobel Prize at the age of twenty-one."
BlackVoid is offline   Reply With Quote