View Single Post
Old 05-26-2013, 03:31 PM   #29
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
If that's the case, then why sell ebooks with drm that can only be used by their own ereaders? I know enough to strip drm, but most people don't.
Indeed. Why.
Tells you about how B&N has run Nook, no?
My best guess (and it's just a guess) is they are cribbing.
And they're cribbing from Apple more than Amazon. Problem is B&N is no Apple.

For Amazon a proprietary DRM makes sense--no adobe tax=competitive advantage--but Nook *is* paying Adobe to support their drm anyway!
If they *only* supported the ereader DRM, it would make some sense. If the *store* supported both--like Kobo does--it would make sense. Supporting both on hardware but only one at the store? I dunno...

As is, they aggressively drove all profits out of the hardware so their only revenue is the books.

Last edited by fjtorres; 05-26-2013 at 03:36 PM.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote