View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 07:11 PM   #15324
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
That's actually the specific reason that I recommended the Richard Lattimore translation to you. I've read numerous different translations, and the Lattimore one is by far the best in giving you the "feel" of the Greek verse. For people who can't read the Greek original, Lattimore is as close as you can get to the "experience" of doing so.

I'll have to pick up a copy and try it. It will be an interesting comparison. Thanks for the recommendation.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote