View Single Post
Old 06-17-2012, 02:04 PM   #381
gr2mx
gr2mx began at the beginning.

Device: K4NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
The file names on the pastebin page are a bit inconsistent, because they were uploaded before there were a bunch of different firmware versions. The linked files are stored at various locations (many not under my control).

I thought that the files in the first block of K4 images were all 4.0.1. Is that not the case? Kernels and images for diags usually are marked as such (either in the compressed filename, or at the page that links to it).

Because of inconsistent file names, you need to be careful not to mix them after downloading. I rename the image files immediately after extracting, to give them a more complete descriptive name.

Could somebody say which image files are missing but needed? Did you look at the gitbrew site linked in the pastebin page AND the "other" K4 images?

P.S. .tar.gz files can be extracted in the kindle with "tar -zxvf", and files that are just .gz (no .tar) can be extracted with gunzip. Both types can be extracted in windows using 7-zip (or other GUI compression package).

I do not understand -- is the wrong kernel uploaded?
I did try both the gitbrew and the mediafire files. Same results, impossible to boot to main.

The pastebin is *much* clearer now. Thanks
gr2mx is offline   Reply With Quote