View Single Post
Old 02-17-2012, 12:40 AM   #4
Tangiegirl
Tangiegirl knows what time it isTangiegirl knows what time it isTangiegirl knows what time it isTangiegirl knows what time it isTangiegirl knows what time it isTangiegirl knows what time it isTangiegirl knows what time it isTangiegirl knows what time it isTangiegirl knows what time it isTangiegirl knows what time it isTangiegirl knows what time it is

Device: Kindle
Make sure when contacting amazon, you speak or chat with a Kindle CS Rep. Not just an Amazon Rep. It does make a difference. url can be found at the end of this post. You answer a few questions and then choose a contact option.

Chat works fine but I prefer the "Call Me" option. You will usually get a call from a Kindle CSR within one to two minutes of your request

With the fire, Amazon has been offering a replacement fire@ a $100 discount.

I know of two instances just today verifying that. One was stolen and one was misplaced/lost. Both were offered a replacement fire at the $100 discount.

I can't see your post details at the moment, but first deregister your fire. (Be aware that with the fire, once you degister, you lose all your content and you won't get it back even if you do recover and reregister it.)

You can deregister from any computer. Log in and go to manage my devices, click on your stolen device and click deregister. This prevents charges being run on the cc attached to your Amazon account.

Contact KCS and they will brick it. Unfortunately, bricking only stops
reregistration and Amazon purchases. Content can still be obtained from all sources, other than Amazon.

It is my understanding that Amazon can only help with tracking if they have a copy of the police report. And I'm unsure of how much help will be given even then. But it wouldn't hurt to ask for specifics.

I do hope your daughter recovers her fire. I know I'd be lost without mine!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/conta...ndle-help.html

Last edited by Tangiegirl; 02-17-2012 at 01:18 AM. Reason: Additional information
Tangiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote