View Single Post
Old 02-22-2011, 05:26 PM   #5
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug-W View Post
The part about authors is what makes it difficult. I want everything by Author X on the Nook. Author X comes out with Book+1. I don't want to have to 'tag' that book as being destined for the nook, I want to be able to easily send to device BECAUSE it's written by Author X. Having to tag each new book as it comes in is what I'm trying to avoid.
I'm basically envisioning something like:
(author:"=Tom Clancy" or author:"=Stephen King" or author:"=Jim Butcher" or author:="Next person" or tag:=nook) and ondevice:false

But I'm seeing where there may be 30-40 authors in that query and it just sounds fragile at that point.
Create a "User Category" for that set of authors e.g. MyCatName. Then right-click on the category name in the tag browser and choose "Search for books in category MyCatName". Your searchbar now contains something like: @MyCatName:True. Add to this whatever criteria you want like "@MyCatName:True and ondevice:false".

Store that as a saved search. So you can quickly bring up the search criteria you like when you plug in the relevant device.

As you add new authors, just add them to the user category, no need to change your search query. You might find my "User Category" plugin comes in useful for this as an easy way to add authors from the library view.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote