View Single Post
Old 10-22-2007, 12:05 PM   #34
KlondikeGeoff
Wombat Aficionado
KlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enough

Device: Fire, Kindle1, Sony PRS-500 Reader, Rocket 1100 eBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexxxm View Post
Hi KlondikeGeoff,
as a fellow Rocket owner - and about to decide if to wait for the Gen3 or go for the 505,
could you tell me more in detail which features of the Rocket you miss most using the Reader?
Wow, Alessandro, let me try to count the ways, if I can remember them all.

Backlight, of course, with several settings of both brightness and contrast. But I can live very well with eInk.

Built-in lookup word dictionary, Search, Notes, Underline, go to any page, ability to view screen in all four positions, reversible page forward keys, time and date, ability to set the auto shutoff time.

Most important of all is the ability to download and use any font and type size that is on the computer.

As this eBook has been around for years, one would think that somebody at Sony might have taken a look at it and incorporated some of these features, but nooooo.

Consequently, I still keep and use it, especially for reading at night in the dark.
KlondikeGeoff is offline   Reply With Quote