View Single Post
Old 03-01-2008, 03:02 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by splat View Post
Not that I can see. Taking the following as examples

Collins Unabridged English
Concise Oxford English Dictionary
Merriam Webster VestPocket Dictionary
Merriam-Webster's Collegiate Dictionary, 11th Edition

What I'm looking for is a British english dictionary, I'd assume the OED and Collins would be British but have no idea if they do US versions too (which would be more likely sold from the US based mobipocket), the descriptions do not give any hints
Fair enough, but with those dictionaries one can tell from their names. The Collins and Oxford dictionaries (except those which have "American" in their name) are British; the ones with "Webster" in their name are American. These are all extremely well-known dictionaries.

MobiPocket aren't American-based, by the way; they're French. They are owned by Amazon, but that's a very recent development; they've been around for many, many years.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote