View Single Post
Old 01-01-2009, 01:52 PM   #13
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
have you taken a look at some of the more recent book creation tools coming out lately, for instance ecub ? (full disclosure : i have not yet tested ecub, although it's on my list of projects). there is also the feedbooks online interface if you have no illustrations to add. and of course if you know html and css there is the option of hand-coding your books or using any code editor. these tools will make epub books but these can then easily be converted to other formats if necessary. i agree that book designer leaves a lot to be desired.
I've tried ecub... seems nice, but could use more work. Also, it's closed source, and I'd rather not get stuck with another ebook editor I can't improve myself. The feedbooks interface doesn't interest me because I want a desktop application, and because I do want to add images.

I know html and css, and although I've created a few epubs by hand, I'd rather have an editor. And this is one of my major gripes with BD: no epub support. I've mentioned a few times on this forum that I intend to create an epub editor, and then slowly work on extending it to full BD output capability. I've already set aside time to work on it in February and beyond... how it turns out, we'll see. I'm working on a Master's in CS so I know my way around software engineering.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote