View Single Post
Old 01-31-2012, 10:18 AM   #24
hberntsen
hberntsen is no ebook tyro.hberntsen is no ebook tyro.hberntsen is no ebook tyro.hberntsen is no ebook tyro.hberntsen is no ebook tyro.hberntsen is no ebook tyro.hberntsen is no ebook tyro.hberntsen is no ebook tyro.hberntsen is no ebook tyro.hberntsen is no ebook tyro.

Device: PRS-T1
Post #16 was about the app that makes the pinch to zoom trick in the browser easier. Post #19 was about the framework files I edited so the scrolling does not flash.

What i did was editing the framework files of the android os. If you do this wrong the ereader will not boot into android anymore and you will have to use the restore package(which resets/reinstalls everything) to make it work again. Since it worked the first time I tried the hack I did not have to use that .

How to install:
In order to install it you can download the framework.rar from my previous post and copy the 2 files(framework.jar and framework.odex) from the "framework files currently on my device" folder to your /system/framework folder. I am not sure if you need to change the permissions of that files afterwards.

Maybe an expert can confirm that this installation guide is correct? I am new to android development(this is actually my first hack/app) so be careful and backup everything. My firmware version is 1.0.00.09010, I don't know if that matters.

If you want to see for yourself how the scrolling looks like without hacking the framework you can download IconizedListView.zip from my previous post. Look in the bin folder for an apk you can install on your ereader. So you do not need a hacked framework for this app to run, only the list in this app has that smooth scrolling.

I dont know if there is any negative effect, when I was playing angry birds(you have to put it in 2 color black and white mode or else it keeps flashing) I noticed you have to touch the screeen every 5 seconds or else the screen will freeze. As soon as you touch it again it enables itself for like 5 seconds again. So the screen will autmatically pause itself so I think this hack has no negative effect on the battery life

Last edited by hberntsen; 01-31-2012 at 01:19 PM.
hberntsen is offline   Reply With Quote