View Single Post
Old 07-07-2010, 02:37 AM   #13
curio
Enthusiast
curio began at the beginning.

Device: nook Wi-Fi
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoganK View Post
I have the exact same issue. So far it has occurred three times, each time after trying to charge it while it still had more than 50% (not a hard number, just an approximate observation). It stopped, I think, on the exact same number: 84%.
Is this after some discharge-charge cycles, or has your Nook still seen but a few days of use?

I still think that its failure to charge to 100% is not the expected behavior; after all, the welcome screen explicitly advises users to fully charge the device prior to first use. Of course I don't know whether I sabotaged some calibration algorithm by resetting the device because of the Wi-Fi issue before it had charged to 100%.

Meanwhile, I've had it at 87% at one point, but not further yet (again wouldn't charge further when I plugged it in after that).

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoganK View Post
The battery seems to run as expected, though, so I don't know if there is a real problem. My primary concern is it continuing to charge when full and destroying the battery...
Mine hasn't lost any significant charge overnight either.

I'm pretty sure that the battery won't be charged to destruction by the device; its protection against that happening actually seems overzealous.
curio is offline   Reply With Quote